María Cecilia Rpmoleroux, Co-chair Host Committee, Quito
- The XXII ASIPI Workshops and Board of Directors will be held in November 2020. Its organization is always an interesting job for the Organizing Committee that you Co-Chair. Tell us how the work has been divided.
Paul and I have made a very good team, and the truth is that we have not divided the work; instead we are cooperating in all fields. The support of ASIPI’s young associates has been very valuable.
- What has been the most difficult in the organization of the Conference?
Agreeing with so many people is always complicated, but we have already achieved an agreement on everything. Quito is an easy city to show, since there is so much to see. The “Law Offices” event may always be the one that needs the most agreements, but the collaboration of Johana Aguirre and her team in this event has been invaluable.
- What does Quito have that differentiates it from other host cities?
Quito is a Cultural Heritage of Humanity with the best-preserved historical center in the region, making it a city that already offers a lot by itself. Now if you add to this the enthusiasm we have to show Quito during ASIPI, just try to picture the difference.
- Why should ASIPI members attend?
ASIPI is the most important Intellectual Property conference in the region, and if you add to this the fact of being able to know Quito, the first cultural heritage of America! And also to go to the Galapagos Islands, the result is an event that you cannot miss.
- We know that you are the first Ecuadorian to sit on the INTA board of directors, as well as the first Ecuadorian to be part of the Programming Committee of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI). How did you achieve that honor? If a young associate asks you for advice on pursuing a similar career, what would you say?
I have indeed had the pleasure of having several positions of relevance, being one of my favorites Co-Chairing the “Quito 2020” Host Committee. My advice would be that these positions are only achieved by showing work and dedication to your own ideals and to each association. There are many “bumps” along the way but the key to success is to keep on going ignoring them, since they are only “bumps”.