The amendments include:
1. The grounds for rejecting the customs declaration are modified:
– Causes that do not generate a fine:
- Ecuapass system error: The declarant must request the rejection to the District Director. The request will be verified by the Directorate of Information Technology within 5 days.
- When the rule allows the rejection to carry out a customs procedure or operation: The District Director shall reject the declaration without the need for a request from the declarant.
- Re-shipment of goods, whether or not taxes have been paid: Rejection may be requested by the declarant to the District Director or be made without his request.
- The merchandise did not arrive to the national territory after 15 days of the transmission of the declaration: Rejection will be automatic, without request.
- The merchandise did not enter the primary zone or does not have the transport document associated with it after the term of validity of the transmitted export declaration has elapsed: Rejection will be automatic, without the need for a request.
- The Customs District determines that the merchandise was not exported after the customs declaration was transmitted: Rejection may be requested by the declarant to the District Director or made without his request.
For these causes, the declarant must request the rejection to the District Director:
- Errors in the transmission of supporting documents that hinder clearance if taxes have not been paid.
- Errors of transmission that generate taxes for an amount greater than that which corresponds to what is imported.
- Application of the code of a customs district different from the district where the goods are physically located.
In the following link you can review the complete text of the Resolution:
DISCLAIMER: The previous text has been prepared for informational purposes. CorralRosales is not responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of having acted or stopped acting based on the information contained in this document. Any additional determined situation requires the specific opinion and concept of the firm.