The Ministry of Labor through Ministerial Agreement MDT-2021-277, published in the second supplement to Official Register 606 of December 28, 2021, set the minimum wages for each of the 22 economic sectors for 2022.Since January 1st, 2022, the increase of the minimum wages for each economic sector will be of 6,25%, applying “on this occasion” the same percentual increase used to set the statutory minimum wage for 2022 in regard to 2021. Recommended actions
- Increase the applicable percentage to the salaries of those workers who receive the minimum wages for economic sectors. This shall be updated in the payroll systems.
- Communicate to the workers the salary modification.
- Take into account the new the minimum wages for economic sectors when hiring employees.
- Modify in the Social Security online system (IESS), the minimum sectorial wages of the corresponding workers.
- Modify in the Ministry of Labor online system (SUT), the minimum sectorial wages of the corresponding workers.
Would you like to receive our newsletters with information like the one you have just read?
Click here and subscribe.